The Ryde Library Service welcomes your suggestions for titles for the Library.
We welcome suggestions for:
- Authors or subjects of particular interest to you, and that would also appeal to other readers
- Local authors or titles relating to Ryde or New South Wales.
Suggestions that will not be considered:
- Titles already in the Library catalogue
- Titles that are not yet published
- Current titles from bestselling authors (we will be purchasing these so check the catalogue periodically to place a request).
We receive hundreds of suggestions each month so we cannot buy everything or write back to you individually. Every suggestion is carefully considered and decisions are made within the context of available funding and the Collection Development Plan(PDF, 300KB). An item that has been ordered from a customer suggestion will appear in the catalogue usually within a month and at that point you can place a reservation on it. DVD requests for missing items in an existing series and major literary adaptations will be considered.
Library members are encouraged to offer suggestions for materials to be purchased. Library members are limited to 5 active purchase requests at one time.
If you would like to suggest a title that the Library does not currently own, please complete the Suggest a Purchase form.
Titles we could not purchase may be requested through the Inter-Library Loan Service, provided the title requested was not recently published. Speak with a librarian to place an Inter-Library Loan request.