Building energy efficient & sustainable homes
The following resources will help you design a home that is energy and cost efficient and built for comfort, durability and liveability for the long term.
Australia’s independent guide to creating sustainable homes for the future.
Free Design For Place home designs will help you create an energy-efficient, sustainable home that suits your climate and lifestyle.
The Design For Place designs:
- are architect-designed and tailored to suit different climates across Australia
- can be customised to suit your needs, lifestyle, block orientation and local requirements
- achieve a minimum energy rating of 7 stars under the Nationwide House Energy Rating Scheme
- include options to improve your home’s energy star rating and in-turn reduce energy bills
- use standard construction materials and techniques to keep costs down
Green Star Homes seeks to create highly efficient, fossil fuel free homes, powered by renewables that are healthy and resilient for all Australians. The Green Star Homes Certification provides you with the assurance from Australia’s leading authority on sustainable buildings with the Green Star Homes Trademark, which you can proudly display to your customers.
The Green Star Homes standard is created for volume home builders.
The Clean Energy Council is the peak body for the clean energy industry in Australia.
More Australians are embracing the benefits of solar energy and battery storage than ever before. With such a large range of products, installers and retailers out there, being an informed consumer has never been more important. Find out about buying, installing and maintaining solar and battery storage for your home.
The PassivHaus certification standard has 5 design principles to ensure a design delivers very high performance and comfort for the lifetime of the building.
If you are building a new home or undertaking a major renovation, a NatHERS Design rating assessment can help you to get the most energy efficient design for your home. This can make your home more comfortable and save you money on your energy bills.