Main Content Anchor
Battle of the Bands
Registrations for the 2021 Battle of the Bands competition are now open!
The City of Ryde recognises the outstanding musical talent of our Youth and will be holding a Battle of the Bands competition for 2021.
The competition is open to all Youth bands within Australia. Bands will be shortlisted by a panel of judges and the top three entries will be invited to perform LIVE on Australia Day. The competition will give bands the opportunity to perform live and showcase their talents to the community.
The competition is open to Australian bands whose members fit between the ages of 12 and 25 years of age.
Bands must be available to attend and perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day Battle of The Bands final on Tuesday 26 January 2021. The competition will begin at 7pm, with the top three ‘Battle of the Bands’ battling it out. A judging panel will finalise a winner on the night and will award the winning band with a cash prize of $1000.
Note: Due to COVID 19 restrictions The Battle of the Bands competition may be subject to change
How to Enter
To register your band, click on the button below to complete the online application form.
All fields must be completed in the entry form with the inclusion of a live video (maximum 10 minutes).
Please note: All applicants must be over the age of 16 to complete the form. If under the age of 16 a guardian/teacher must complete the form on behalf of the band.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Sunday 6 December 2020.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Application form must be submitted by 11.59pm Sunday 6 December 2020.
- The competition is open to Australian bands whose members fit between the ages of 12 and 25 years of age as at the 26 January 2021.
- Bands must be available to attend and perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day Battle of the Band finals on Tuesday 26 January 2021. Please note only the top 3 shortlisted entries will be required to attend and perform.
- Bands that have signed a contract with a major record company are not eligible to enter the City of Ryde (COR) Battle of the Bands competition.
- If your band has previously won the City of Ryde Battle of the Bands competition you are not eligible.
- Failure by a band or a member of a band to comply with these terms and conditions may result in all members of the band being disqualified from the COR Battle of the Bands competition.
- All videos submitted for entry must be of a live performance. A maximum of 1 cover song may be submitted”. Videos cannot exceed 10 minutes in duration.
- Only originals may be played during onstage finals.
- Videos must be in mp4 format.
- The winners of each category may have their recorded submission uploaded to the City of Ryde website after the event and promoted through Council’s communication channels.
- The nominated contact person is responsible to distribute the prize money between the group.
- Judge’s decision is final
- Group performances must adhere to the 1.5 social distancing requirements and adhere to the NSW health guidelines.
- City of Ryde staff members are not able to enter the competition.
- All COR Battle of the Bands competition entries and performances may be recorded and photographed for archival purposes. It is a condition of entry to the competition that all bands and band members agree that while the copyright of their material remains with them, the COR may use any material recorded or photographed during the COR Battle of the Bands competition for the marketing and promotion of COR and COR's events, programs and services. If such use is made of entrants’ material, the entrant will be informed and acknowledged.
- All band members under 16 years of age must have parental or guardian consent to perform at the Australia Day Concert.
- Participation in the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Please read the full list of Terms and Conditions(PDF, 118KB) to ensure your group is eligible.
If you have any questions or issues with your application please contact email@example.com.
Last updated on 9 November 2020