2020 Finalists Announced!
The City of Ryde recognises the outstanding musical talent of our youth and will be holding a Battle of the Bands competition for 2020. The competition is open to all youth bands within Australia, and whose members are within the age range of 12 and 25 years. The
Isabella Manfredi (left), Rai Thistlethwayte (middle) and Stefan Du Randt (right)
A panel of judges will select the top three bands who will go on to battle it out at the City of Ryde Australia Day Concert on Sunday 26 January 2020 from 5pm. Our judges will select the winning band on the night. The winning prize is a cash prize of $1000 and a Mastering session at Studios 301. A $250 people’s choice award will also be presented at the event.
Guest judges include Isabella Manfredi from the Preatures, Rai Thistlewayte from Thirsty Merc and Studios 301 Recording Engineer's Stefan Du Randt.
After some serious review by our judging panel, the three bands below have been chosen to play in the final at the City of Ryde Australia Day Concert. Come and watch them perform on Australia Day, and vote for your favourite band on the day for the People’s Choice award.
A band of five individual personalities and experiences coming together to form a cohesive yet unique sound. Together they experiment with music writing in genres ranging from pop to rock to indie.
Phat Reef have been together for nearly two years and have entered this competition to take out the title to assist them with releasing a high quality EP.
To the Last Second
Members of To the Last Second have been playing together for just over a year now. In October 2019, To the Last Second released their first single called “Taken”.
Their music style varies as they believe they shouldn’t limit themselves to just one style, however, if they did have to classify themselves to a style of music it would most likely be Alternative/ Indie. They are a band with loads of potential and big dreams.
Under Weather is a young four-piece pop punk/pop rock band formed in mid-2018 from Western Sydney, and are known for their infectious melodies and duel vocals.
Their sound has been described as having pop sensibilities with a rock edge blending technical guitar with elements of pop punk, pop electronic and energetic intense live shows.
Conditions of Entry
- Application form must be submitted by 11.59pm Monday 25 November 2019.
- The competition is open to Australian bands whose members are within the age range of 12 and 25 years as at 26 January 2020.
- Bands must be available to attend and perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert on Sunday 26 January 2020. Please note: only the top 3 shortlisted entries will be required to attend and perform.
- Bands that have signed a contract with a major record company are not eligible to enter the City of Ryde (COR) Battle of the Bands competition.
- If your band has previously won the City of Ryde Battle of the Bands competition you are not eligible.
- Failure by a band or a member of a band to comply with these terms and conditions may result in all members of the band being disqualified from the COR Battle of the Bands competition.
- All videos submitted for entry must be of a live performance, to an audience. Videos must have at least 1 original song and videos cannot exceed 10 minutes in duration.
- All COR Battle of the Bands competition entries and performances may be recorded and photographed for archival purposes. It is a condition of entry to the competition that all bands and band members agree that while the copyright of their material remains with them, the COR may use any material recorded or photographed during the COR Battle of the Bands competition for the marketing and promotion of COR and COR's events, programs and services. In the event that such use is made of entrants’ material, the entrant will be informed and acknowledged.
- All band members under 16 years of age must have parental or guardian consent to perform at the Australia Day Concert.
Please read the full list of Terms and Conditions(PDF, 133KB) to ensure your group is eligible.
If you have any questions or issues with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on 16 January 2020