Main Content Anchor
Battle of the Bands
The City of Ryde recognises the outstanding musical talent of our Youth and will be holding a Battle of the Bands competition for 2019. The competition is open to all youth bands and will give them the chance to perform live and showcase their talents to the community at the concert.
Bands will be shortlisted by a panel of judges, including Guest Judge and APRA AMCOS Ambassador Isabella Manfredi from The Preatures, and the top three entries will be invited to perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert.
A judging panel will finalise a winner on the night and will award the winning band with a cash prize of $1000. There will also be a ‘Peoples Choice’ cash prize on the night of $250.
The winner will be announced at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert.
To register your band click on the button below to complete the online application form. All fields must be completed in the entry form with the inclusion of a live video (maximum 10 minutes).
Please note: All applicants must be over the age of 16 to complete the form. If under the age of 16 a guardian/teacher must complete the form on behalf of the band.
Applications close at 4 pm on Monday 26 November 2018.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Application form must be submitted by 4 pm Monday 26 November 2018.
- The competition is open to Australian bands whose members fit between the ages of 12 and 25 years of age as at the 26 January 2019.
- Bands must be available to attend and perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert on Saturday 26 January 2019. The Concert will begin at 5 pm, with the top three ‘Battle of the Bands’ opening the event.
- Bands that have signed a contract with a major record company are not eligible to enter the City of Ryde (COR) Battle of the Bands competition.
- If your band has previously won the City of Ryde Battle of the Bands competition you are not eligible.
- All videos submitted for entry must be of a live performance, to an audience. Videos must have at least 1 original song and videos cannot exceed 10 minutes in duration.
- All band members under 16 years of age must have parental or guardian consent to perform at the Australia Day Concert.
Please read the full list of Terms and Conditions(PDF, 89KB) to ensure your group is eligible.
If you have any questions or issues with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on 5 November 2018