Main Content Anchor
Battle of the Bands
Registrations for the 2020 Battle of the Bands competition are now open!
The City of Ryde recognises the outstanding musical talent of our Youth and will be holding a Battle of the Bands competition for 2020.
The competition is open to all Youth bands within Australia. Bands will be shortlisted by a panel of judges and the top three entries will be invited to perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert. The concert will give bands the opportunity to perform live and showcase their talents to the community.
The competition is open to Australian bands whose members fit between the ages of 12 and 25 years of age.
Bands must be available to attend and perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert on Sunday 26 January 2020. The Concert will begin at 5pm, with the top three ‘Battle of the Bands’ opening the event. A judging panel will finalise a winner on the night and will award the winning band with a cash prize of $1000.
The winner will be announced at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert.
How to Enter
To register your band click on the button below to complete the online application form.
All fields must be completed in the entry form with the inclusion of a live video (maximum 10 minutes).
Please note: All applicants must be over the age of 16 to complete the form. If under the age of 16 a guardian/teacher must complete the form on behalf of the band.
Applications close at 11.59pm on Monday 25 November 2019.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Application form must be submitted by 11.59pm Monday 25 November 2019.
- The competition is open to Australian bands whose members fit between the ages of 12 and 25 years of age as at the 26 January 2020.
- Bands must be available to attend and perform at the City of Ryde Australia Day concert on Sunday 26 January 2019. Please note: only the top 3 shortlisted entries will be required to attend and perform.
- Bands that have signed a contract with a major record company are not eligible to enter the City of Ryde (COR) Battle of the Bands competition.
- If your band has previously won the City of Ryde Battle of the Bands competition you are not eligible.
- Failure by a band or a member of a band to comply with these terms and conditions may result in all members of the band being disqualified from the COR Battle of the Bands competition.
- All videos submitted for entry must be of a live performance, to an audience. Videos must have at least 1 original song and videos cannot exceed 10 minutes in duration.
- All COR Battle of the Bands competition entries and performances may be recorded and photographed for archival purposes. It is a condition of entry to the competition that all bands and band members agree that while the copyright of their material remains with them, the COR may use any material recorded or photographed during the COR Battle of the Bands competition for the marketing and promotion of COR and COR's events, programs and services. In the event that such use is made of entrants’ material, the entrant will be informed and acknowledged.
- All band members under 16 years of age must have parental or guardian consent to perform at the Australia Day Concert.
Please read the full list of Terms and Conditions(PDF, 133KB) to ensure your group is eligible.
If you have any questions or issues with your application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on 5 November 2019