Main Content Anchor
Why Work for Council?
The City of Ryde is a great place to work. We offer a variety of roles across Council to provide career progression and variety. If you are looking to take that next step in your career, then look at a career at Ryde.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Part-time work
- Job sharing arrangements
- Rostered day off scheme (optional)
- Time off in lieu
- Working from home
- Compressed working week
- Phased retirement
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Grant days.
ACTIVE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING PROGRAM
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Fruit Baskets
- Free Health Assessments
- Skin Cancer screening
- Monthly health newsletters
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to exercise equipment on-site.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Tertiary studies assistance
- Attendance at conferences, seminars, internal and external training courses
- Mentor and mentee program
- Lunch and learn presentations
- Leave for:
- Pre-exam Study Leave
- Exam leave
- Course Attendance Leave for lectures or seminars that you are unable to attend outside of working hours.*
* Conditions apply.
REWARD & RECOGNITION PROGRAM
- Secondments and opportunities of acting/repositioning roles
- Monthly and annual excellence and outstanding service awards
- Annual performace reviews for opportunities of salary progression and professional development opportunities.
DEDICATED COMMITMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
- Employees are encouraged to ‘think green’ with environmental initiatives being implemented across council
- Initiatives include electronic records management systems, reducing paper waste, Council’s own ‘Clean Up Australia Day’ and free green seminars from key groups such as the Australian Conservation Foundation.
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Active social club
- Discount to Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Ability to salary sacrifice superannuation
- Active involvement in community events such as Family Fun Day, Dragon Boat racing and the Granny Smith Festival.
Last updated on 12 June 2018