Why work for Council
The City of Ryde is a great place to work. We offer a variety of roles across Council to provide career progression and variety. If you are looking to take that next step in your career, then look at a career at Ryde.
flexible work arrangements
- Part-time work
- Job sharing arrangements
- Rostered day off scheme (optional)
- Time off in lieu
- Working from home
- Compressed working week
- Phased retirement
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Grant days.
ACTIVE HEALTH AND WELL-BEING PROGRAM
- Free Flu Vaccinations
- Fresh Fruit Delivery
- Free Health Assessments
- Skin Cancer screening
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport
- Guest Speaker Information Sessions
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- Tertiary study assistance
- Attendance at conferences, seminars, internal and external training courses
- Mentor and mentee program
- Leave for:
- Pre-exam Study Leave
- Exam leave
- Course Attendance Leave for lectures or seminars that you are unable to attend outside of working hours.*
* Conditions apply.
REWARD & RECOGNITION PROGRAM
- Secondments and opportunities of acting/repositioning roles
- Monthly and annual excellence and outstanding service awards
- Annual performance reviews for opportunities of salary progression and professional development opportunities.
DEDICATED COMMITMENT TO ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
- Employees are encouraged to ‘think green’ with environmental initiatives being implemented across council
- Initiatives include electronic records management systems, reducing paper waste, Council’s own ‘Clean Up Australia Day’ and free green seminars from key groups such as the Australian Conservation Foundation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity
At City of Ryde we value diversity and believe that our inclusive and collaborative culture contributes to our success.We are a diverse workforce which reflects the community in which we serve.
Our inclusive culture promotes staff engagement and enables us to attract and retain the best talent. Some of our strategies and programs include:
- Merit based recruitment practices
- Workplace adjustments for persons with disability
- Targeted employment opportunities for persons with disability
- Targeted employment opportunities for persons of Aboriginal to Torres Strait Islander background
- Work experience and internship placements
- Space for reflection, prayer or meditation
- Flexible work arrangements including access to RDO schemes and generous leave provision
For more information refer to Council's Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity Management Plan(PDF, 763KB) and a Disability and Inclusion Action Plan(PDF, 733KB).
OTHER BENEFITS INCLUDE
- Active social club
- Discount to Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Ability to salary sacrifice superannuation
- Staff ‘ Get It’ Library Service (get your library books delivered to where you work). View more details(PDF, 1MB).
- Active involvement in community events such as Family Fun Day, Dragon Boat racing and the Granny Smith Festival.