Reporting Hazards and Accidents
Road and path conditions vary over time. If you see a problem or hazard for bicycles, please report it to the Council who will investigate and
wherever possible arrange to fix the problem.
If there is a problem on a main road or motorway you can report it to the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) by phoning 131 700.
When reporting a hazard you must locate and identify it.
1. Remember the exact location of hazard
- Road/street/cycleway name, suburb
- On road, road shoulder/cycle lane, cycle path, footpath
- Precise location (e.g house number, intersecting road, distance from point of reference)
- Side of road/path (e.g. west side or travelling north)
2. Remember the type of hazard or defect
- Damaged surface, debris on surface, roadside or pathside problems, drainage, service cover or access point.
Accident and First Aid: St John DRABCD Action Plan
D - check for DANGER
- To you, to others, to casualty
R - check for RESPONSE
- Is casualty conscious? (if conscious, manage injuries)
- Is casualty unconscious? (if unconscious, place on side)