The City of Ryde Prayer Breakfast has been held since 1992 and is a time to come together as one to promote goodwill throughout the community through prayer.
Event date and ticketing information will be available shortly. Check back soon.
Venue: Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club, Auditorium Room on Level 1, 117 Ryedale Rd West Ryde. (You must supply a copy of your photo ID to enter the club).
Cost: $30 per person including booking fee and GST). Tickets are non-refundable. If you would like to sit in a group we suggest booking your tickets in the one transaction.
Ticket price includes a hot buffet breakfast on arrival, tea and coffee.
If you are unable to purchase tickets online please email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the events team will assist.
If you have any dietary requirements please email email@example.com upon purchase of your ticket.
This year our guest speaker will be Kara Martin speaking on the topic of “The Past and Future of Work in Ryde”.
From the beginning, people have enjoyed the rich lands and waterways of Ryde, which produced edible plants and fish. Over the years Ryde changed from a food bowl for our first nations people and early settlers, to a hub for small industry. However, the future is startling: Macquarie Park will soon become the 4th largest business district in Australia after Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. In this talk, author and lecturer Kara Martin will share about the future of work, and what opportunities exist for faith communities in Ryde.
2021 GUEST SPEAKER | KARA MARTIN
Kara Martin is the author of Workship: How to Use your Work to Worship God, and Workship 2: How to Flourish at Work. She is a lecturer with Alphacrucis College and Adjunct Professor with Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary, Boston. She is also on the Advisory Board for the Global Lausanne Movement Workplace Ministry and on the Board of the Karam Fellowship. Kara has worked in media and communications, human resources, business analysis and policy development roles, in a variety of organisations, and as a consultant. She is researching the variables for effective faith–work integration for workplace Christians.
FAQ's - Prayer Breakfast
Where will I be seated?
Guests will receive their table numbers when they arrive at the breakfast. If you would like to sit with certain people, we recommended booking your tickets together in the one transaction.
How do I get to the Prayer Breakfast?
If you are catching public transport, please click here to plan your trip.
The undercover parking at Ryde Eastwood Leagues Club will be made available to event patrons from 6.30am.
The carpark is FREE of charge for the breakfast only.
Is this site accessible for people with restricted mobility?
Yes, this site is accessible. We encourage people with special needs to get in touch with us prior to the event so we can provide you with any information that you require.
What COVID-19-safe measures will be in place?
We are committed to running a COVID-19-safe event at COVID-19-safe venue. The venue has limited capacity to ensure we maintain the current NSW Health Guidelines.
- All attendees and staff must not attend if they are feeling sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms outlined by NSW Health.
- Check in with the NSW Health App on your mobile phone using the QR check-in codes made available.
- COVID-19-safe cleaning practices will be undertaken frequently during the event.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available to attendees upon check-in and at each table.
- City of Ryde will be checking daily updates and safety measures requested by NSW Health Department to comply with the COVID-19 safety requirements.
- Attendees not complying with the venues COVID-19 safety rules will be asked to leave the premises by staff members present
- Practice physical distancing wherever possible by maintaining 1.5m between you and others
- If you have been in a hotspot in the last 14 days, we ask that you do not attend the event
- Tickets will be fully refundable in the case the event is cancelled or postponed due to COVID-19.
Thank you for the support of our valued sponsors