Bike North is a non-profit community based Bicycle User Group that covers Northern Sydney including the area of the City of Ryde.
- Runs graded social/recreational rides for all types of bikes and fitness levels
- Represents cyclists to relevant authorities to implement bicycle plans to obtain better cycling routes and facilities
- Keeps members and other local cyclists up to date with local cycling issues.
Bicycle NSW acts for bicycle riders at the state level.
- Promotes bike riding as a sustainable means of transport
- Promotes road safety education of cyclists and other road users
- Works collaboratively with many areas of government, industry and the community to deliver broad-based community participation cycling events, behaviour change programs and advocacy initiatives.