Council is currently accepting Expressions of Interest for operators to hold regular markets in the City of Ryde.
Applications close Wednesday 26 February 2020, midnight.
The City of Ryde currently holds the Eastwood Night Markets and is looking to expand potential markets held in the City of Ryde. Council is seeking submissions from suitably qualified operators to hold regular markets at Eastwood Plaza and Anderson Park, Meadowbank.
Eastwood Plaza is located at the heart of a vibrant and diverse community. The Eastwood Night Markets currently operate in the plaza every Saturday night from 4.00pm to 10.00pm. Council’s objective is to continue activating this area as it contributes to the night-time economy. This location is also close to Eastwood train station and bus terminal.
Anderson Park, Meadowbank
Anderson Park, combined with the adjoining Ryde Wharf Reserve, has been identified as a suitable location to host regular markets. These markets would provide residents living in higher density areas an opportunity to connect with the community in an open space. This location is also situated along the Ryde Riverwalk and is close to Meadowbank Ferry, providing opportunities for connectivity.
Expressions of Interest for Markets in the City of Ryde
The two locations listed below are currently open for submissions:
Eastwood Plaza, Eastwood (1 year Licence)
- Eastwood Night Markets is an established weekly market held every Saturday from 4.00pm to 10.00pm at Eastwood Plaza.
Anderson Park, Meadowbank (1 year trial Licence)
- Anderson Park overlooks the Parramatta River at Meadowbank. A trial is proposed for 12 months for a market to operate on weekends, focusing on food and produce.
Key objectives of the Markets
- Operate a market that sells products and or services of good quality and presentation
- Ensure that the markets operation complements and adds value to the existing community
- Professionally organise, manage and promote the markets
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the licence, as well as any other legislation
- Adhere to waste-wise guidelines outlined in the Reduce Single-use Plastics Policy(PDF, 467KB).
How to lodge an Expression of Interest
Complete the following application form and forward it to:
Post: EVENTS City of Ryde, Locked Bag 2069, North Ryde NSW 1670
Submissions close on Wednesday 26 February, midnight.
If you have any enquiries, please call 9952 8222. Please allow 4 weeks from the submission date of your application for an outcome on your application.