Planning Proposal 17 Acacia Street, Eastwood (Lot 69 DP 17583) and 16 Vera Street, Eastwood (Lot 14 DP 26340) is on public exhibition up until 8 June 2018 for community comment.
The Planning Proposal seeks to facilitate the development of the land for residential purposes.
DRAFT AMENDMENTS TO THE RYDE LOCAL ENVIRONMENT PLAN (LEP 2014)
- Amending LEP 2014 Land Zoning Map from SP2 Place of Public Worship to R2 Low Density (which is the same as the adjacent land)
- Amending LEP 2014 Height of Buildings Map to give the land a maximum Building Height of 9.5 metres (the land currently has no height control)
- Amending LEP 2014 Floor Space Ratio Map to give the land a FSR control of 0.5:1 (the land currently has no floor space ratio control)
- Amending LEP 2014 Lot Size Map to include the land into the map requiring a minimum lot size of 580sqm
The Planning Proposal includes updated Maps of both the existing and proposed controls for the site.
The Department of Planning and Environment as delegate for the Greater Sydney Commission issued a Gateway Determination on 6 April 2018 which stipulates the public exhibition of the Planning Proposal for a minimum of 14 days in accordance with Section 3.34(2)(c) and Schedule 1 clause 4 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
Council has been authorised to exercise its functions as the local plan making authority, to make the Plan, by the Department of Planning and Environment as delegate of the Greater Sydney Commission.
Hard Copies of the Documents
From Wednesday 9 May until Friday 8 June 2018 hard copies of the Planning Proposal and related material are available to be viewed at:
- Customer Service Centre
1 Pope Street, Ryde
(Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm)
Note: second Thursday of each month hours are 10am – 5pm
- North Ryde Office Reception
Level 1, Building 0, 3 Richardson Place, North Ryde
(Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 4.30pm)
- Eastwood Library
(during branch hours)
For further information please call our Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222.
HAVE YOUR SAY
All submissions must be received by Council (being the Relevant Planning Authority for the Planning Proposal) by 4:30pm on Friday 8 June 2018.
Submissions can be made by using the online submission below, by email or post.
Written submissions must be clearly marked as ‘Planning Proposal 17 Acacia Street and 16 Vera Street, Eastwood’.
They can be sent to:
Online submissions have closed.