Council has been providing an immunisation service to our local community for over 50 years. This service is available for all children from newborn to five years of age regardless of place of residence. You do not need a Medicare card to attend our service. The service:
- Promotes the Immunise Australia Program and administers childhood vaccines according to the NSW Immunisation Schedule
- Is staffed by fully accredited Immunisation Nurses who provide an efficient, caring and professional service
- Provides current information on new vaccines and immunisation schedules, health and well-being for early childhood and other community information.
Attention Parents and Carers
Next Immunisation Clinic - tuesday 14 & tuesday 28 February 2017
Immunisation reminder letters are no longer mailed to our clients.
New-born babies must be 6 weeks old (42 days) before receiving their first immunisation. If your child is due for immunisation please attend this clinic. No appointment is necessary.
If you have children with immunisation records from overseas or they require a catch-up schedule, please contact the Immunisation Coordinator prior to attending the clinic. If you need further information please contact the Immunisation Coordinator on 9952 8268 or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinic Dates 2017
Clinics are regularly held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month - except for December. Please check the schedule below.
- Venue - All clinics will be held in the West Ryde Hall, 1A Station Street, West Ryde - see location map.
- Times - Two sessions are conducted on clinic days: 9.30 am - 11.30 am and 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm
- Administration Fees - currently an administration fee of $5.50 per child is requested.
||Day and Date
||Tuesday 10 and Tuesday 24
||Tuesday 14 and Tuesday 28
||Tuesday 14 and Tuesday 28
Tuesday 11 and morning only on Wednesday 26
Please note no clinic on Tuesday 25 April due to the Anzac Public Holiday. There will be a morning session only on Wednesday 26 April 9.30 am - 11.30 am.
||Tuesday 9 and Tuesday 23
||Tuesday 13 and Tuesday 27
No appointment is necessary - you may attend any clinic if your child is due for immunisation.
- Please remember to bring your child’s 'blue book' or immunisation health records and Medicare card if available
- This service is available for all children from newborn to five years of age regardless of place of residence.
An 18 month DTPa (Diphtheria, Tetanus and Whooping Cough) booster dose has been added to the National Immunisation Program. This booster dose is an additional booster and does not replace the booster due at 4 years.
It is free for children born from October 2014. This vaccine is now available at the City of Ryde’s Immunisation Clinic.
Is this vaccine required for family assistance payments?
Children born from 1 October 2014 will require DTPa vaccine for their family assistance payments.
Where can I get further information?
See www.immunise.health.gov.au or www.health.nsw.gov.au/immunisation