201 Coxs Road, North Ryde 2113
Phone: 9952 8377
Fax: 9878 5731
TTY: 9878 3270
Tuesday: 10am - 5pm
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 12 noon - 8pm
Friday: 12 noon - 5pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 12 noon
Who can borrow?
Any child from birth to their seventh birthday can borrow once they have their own membership card.
Toys are carefully chosen to stand up to a lot of use by young children. Care is also taken to ensure that toys are clean, complete and in good working order. Recommended Standards Association of Australia standards apply to them.
When using the Toy Library, parents are responsible for the following:
- Selecting toys they consider suitable for their child
- Use of the child's card for borrowing
- Supervising their child's play of the toy. (Ryde Library Services is not responsible for any injury or damage arising from the use of a toy).
- Return of toys in good working condition i.e. clean, complete, undamaged, with the toy bags and tags attached.
- Three toys per child may be borrowed for up to three weeks.
- No reservations may be placed on toys.
- 1 renewal for loans of toys.
- Toys may only be borrowed from and returned to North Ryde Library during branch library opening hours.
- Puzzles need to be handed to staff completed (not with pieces loose). When you return a toy, you must wait for staff to check that it is in good condition before another can be borrowed.
- Borrowing cannot continue until payment is made for any loss or damage.
- An overdue notice will be sent when toys are overdue and will incur a processing fee per notice. For every week the toy is overdue after the notice has been sent, until each toy is returned, a weekly fine per toy will be charged.
Please Note: A returned toy will not be accepted if any pieces are missing from it, unless payment is made for loss and damage. If you lose a toy piece and the toy is still suitable for loan you are required to pay a (non-refundable) charge per piece. If a toy is not suitable for loan, is lost or is damaged you are required to pay the full replacement charge plus the standard processing charge. If you lose the toy bag or tag you are required to pay a replacement charge for the bag or tag.
A full list of charges for lost and damaged toys can be found on the Library Fees and Charges page.