The Local Planning Panel is required to comprise the following members:
- The Chair who has expertise in law or in government and public administration;
The Chair is appointed by the Minister
- Two independent experts with expertise in at least one of the following areas: planning, architecture, heritage, environment, urban design, economics, traffic and transport, law, engineering, tourism or government and public administration; and
These are selected from a pre-selected list of experts provided by the Department.
- A representative of the local community.
Community representatives have been selected as part of a process whereby the City of Ryde sought initial expressions of interest from interested representatives of the local community who have a demonstrated understanding and experience in similar or related fields to the experts. Registrations closed on Wednesday, 22 November 2017.
The following members have been selected and constitute the City of Ryde Local Planning Panel:
- Ms Abigail Goldberg – Chair
- Ms Marcia Doheny – Alternate Chair
- Mr Stephen O’Connor – Alternate Chair
Expert Panel Members
- Eugene Sarich
- Ian Stapleton
- Jennifer Bautovich
- Michael Leavey
- Jane Fielding
- Eric Armstrong
- Bec Ho
- Rob Senior
- Donna Gaskill
The Minister requires that the Chairs, independent experts and community representatives be rotated for each meeting. This is to ensure open, and transparent governance and to minimise opportunities for corruption to occur.
It is also required that there will be at least one Chair, two experts, and one community representative at each meeting.