How to Contact the Police
Eastwood Police and the Council have joined forces to produce a multi-lingual How to Contact the Police brochure that makes it easier for people to request an interpreter. The brochure has been translated into in Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Hindi and English.
Download the brochure:
Where to get a printed copy:
City of Ryde Libraries - Find your nearest branch
Eastwood Police Station - 3 Ethel St, Eastwood
Gladesville Police Station - 8 Victoria Rd, Gladesville
See below for information included in the brochure as reproduced in English.
Reporting a crime in progress, life-threatening situation or emergency situation
Call Triple Zero (000)
- Ask for Police emergency
- If you do not speak English, say "Interpreter" and the name of the language you speak. This is so that a telephone interpreter can come on the line
- Provide your name, address and telephone number
- Explain what is happening
- Provide exact location of the incident including the nearest cross street
- Describe any people involved
- Describe any motor vehicles
- Describe any weapons involved
- Wait until the operator is finished before you hang up
Reporting suspicious activity
- Call Eastwood Police on 9858 9299
- Call Gladesville Police on 9879 9699
Give your name, address and telephone number and tell the operator the same information as above.
Reporting minor crime or non-urgent incident
You can call PAL to report minor crimes that have already been committed (crimes that are not in progress) which do not require immediate police presence for example. car theft, lost property, minor traffic accidents, burglary, damage to property and stealing.
Reporting information anonymously to Crime Stoppers