How to Contact the Police

Eastwood Police and the Council have joined forces to produce a multi-lingual How to Contact the Police brochure that makes it easier for people to request an interpreter. The brochure has been translated into in Chinese, Korean, Arabic, Hindi and English.

Download the brochure:

Where to get a printed copy:

  • Council's Customer Service, 1 Pope Street, Ryde 
  • City of Ryde Libraries - Find your nearest branch
  • Eastwood Police Station - 3 Ethel St, Eastwood
  • Gladesville Police Station - 8 Victoria Rd, Gladesville

See below for information included in the brochure as reproduced in English.

Reporting a crime in progress, life-threatening situation or emergency situation

Call Triple Zero (000)

  • Ask for Police emergency
  • If you do not speak English, say "Interpreter" and the name of the language you speak. This is so that a telephone interpreter can come on the line
  • Provide your name, address and telephone number
  • Explain what is happening
  • Provide exact location of the incident including the nearest cross street
  • Describe any people involved
  • Describe any motor vehicles
  • Describe any weapons involved
  • Wait until the operator is finished before you hang up

Reporting suspicious activity

  • Call Eastwood Police on 9858 9299
  • Call Gladesville Police on 9879 9699

Give your name, address and telephone number and tell the operator the same information as above.

Reporting minor crime or non-urgent incident

  • Police Assistance Line (PAL) - Call 131 444

You can call PAL to report minor crimes that have already been committed (crimes that are not in progress) which do not require immediate police presence for example. car theft, lost property, minor traffic accidents, burglary, damage to property and stealing.

Reporting information anonymously to Crime Stoppers

  • Call 1800 333 000
  • You do not have to give your name and address
  • You can call Crime Stoppers to provide information about a crime or criminal behaviour