The Ryde/Hunters Hill Home Modification and Maintenance Service provides a modification, maintenance and consumer help service for people living in the Ryde and Hunters Hill local government areas.
Our aim is to assist people with access, safety and independence in daily living activities so that they may remain living in their own home or with their carer.
Who is Eligible?
This service is for the frail aged (over 65 years old) and their carers. We can also assist tenants with work that is not their landlord's responsibility.
What will it Cost?
Modification charges will depend on an income assessment.
Maintenance costs include an hourly rate plus an additional charge for materials used.
What Jobs Can We Do?
- Installation of handrails
- Installation of hand-held showers
- Building ramps
- Adjustment of chair or bed height.
- Minor carpentry
- Minor plumbing
- Minor Electrical
- Gutter Cleaning
- Window cleaning
How To Register?
To register for a Home Modification and Maintenance Service referral please contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit www.myagedcare.gov.au.
Your Rights and Responsibilities
As a client you have the right to expect:
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Respect and dignity
- Provision of quality materials and service
- Access to service on a non-discriminatory basis.
You have the right and responsibility to accept or reject service, wholly or in part.
Clients have the right to present a complaint and know it will be listened to. You have the right to make a complaint without it affecting the service you receive. Complaints can be useful in helping us to adjust our service for client satisfaction.
All complaints will be responded to and the client's identity protected.
If you wish to make a complaint, or want someone to make a complaint on your behalf you can contact:
- Council's Team Coordinator - Home Modification and Maintenance Service on 9952 8222
- If you do not feel comfortable contacting Council, contact the NSW Ombudsman's Office on 9286 1000, or the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission on 1800 951 822.
For more information please contact Council's Home Modification and Maintenance Service on 9952-8222 or email email@example.com.