The Ryde Traffic Committee (RTC) is a technical advisory committee which is required to advise Council on matters referred to it. Council refers traffic related matters to the RTC prior to exercising its delegated functions. Matters relating to classified roads or functions are referred directly to the RMS, and are not dealt with by Council.
The RTC considers the technical merits of proposals against current technical guidelines. Council is not bound by the advice of the Traffic Committee.
The membership of the Committee is limited to four formal members:
- One representative of Council (Chairman, Director – City Works & Infrastructure).
- One representative of the Police Service.
- One representative of the RMS.
- The Local Member of Parliament or their nominee. Where more than one electorate covers the Local Government area, the Members of Parliament, or their nominee(s) are only entitled to vote on matters which affect their electorate.
Should a resident wish to address the RTC on a particular agenda item, the resident should make prior arrangements with Council staff to address the committee.
For more detailed information on any of the above download the RMS' A Guide to the Delegation to Councils for the Regulation of Traffic.
Meetings are held in the Committee Room, Level 1A, 1 Pope Street, Ryde, at 10:00 am
2019 meeting dates: 14 February, 11 April, 13 June, 15 August, 10 October
2018 meeting dates: 8 February, 19 April, 28 June, 6 September, 29 November
29 Nov 2018(PDF, 6MB)
- Late Items(PDF, 871KB)
|29 Nov 2018(PDF, 219KB)
|6 Sep 2018(PDF, 3MB)
- Item J - Attachment(PDF, 13MB)
|6 Sep 2018(PDF, 72KB)
|28 June 2018(PDF, 6MB)
||28 June 2018(PDF, 161KB)
19 April 2018(PDF, 4MB)
- Late Items(PDF, 2MB)
|19 April 2018(PDF, 174KB)
|8 Feb 2018(PDF, 10MB)
||8 Feb 2018(PDF, 64KB)
Past Agendas and Minutes
To view past Agendas and Minutes for the Traffic Advisory Committee, click here.
If you have any enquiries please contact the Senior Coordinator – Traffic, Transport & Development on 9952 8222.
Last updated on 8 August 2019