Spring Garden competition winners announced
Published on 22 November 2021
The winners of the 2021 Spring Garden Competition – one of the longest running annual events staged by the City of Ryde – were announced in a special online ceremony on Saturday afternoon.
The winners for each category of the Spring Garden Competition were:
- Best Large Garden: Kathy Schofield
- Best Small Garden: Sue Kennedy
- Best Courtyard/Balcony Garden: Sue Kennedy
- Best Edible Garden: Alexander Djerdjev
- Best Native and Habitat-Friendly Garden: Pamela Reeves
- Best Local Schools Garden: North Ryde Community Preschool
- Best Community Garden: The Habitat
- Best Commercial Garden: Baptist Care Shalom Centre
- Best Bushcare Site: Cemetery Creek 2 Bushcare Site
The City of Ryde congratulates all of the award winners, as well as the runners-up and highly commended recipients, and thanks those who took the time to enter this year’s Spring Garden Competition.
The City of Ryde would also like to thank Eden Gardens for its sponsorship of this year’s Spring Garden Competition and for its continued support of the event, as well as the competition’s professional garden judges, Carmel Quill and Judith Sleijpen.
The Spring Garden Competition has been held annually in the City of Ryde for more than 30 years.
Click here for more information on the 2021 Spring Garden Competition, including to watch a video of the winners being announced.