The City of Ryde is committed to creating a vibrant and liveable city. Council is implementing street art projects throughout the area with the aim to:
- reduce illegal graffiti and tagging on walls by removing blank canvases;
- support and provide opportunities for artistic endeavours;
- expand the area's collection of innovative contemporary street art;
- build relationships between artists and local residents and/or businesses, property owners and community partner organisations;
- enhance community confidence and perceptions of safety
In December 2022, Council will be installing a mural on the wall of 59 Ryedale Road facing Herbert Street.
This project has been funded by NSW Department of Communities & Justice as part of the Graffiti Management Grant.
Council would like to invite the community to contribute to the development of the mural concepts. Your feedback will be used to assist the mural artist in the development of the final mural design.
HAVE YOUR SAY
You can Have Your Say on the Mural Project - Ryedale Road and Herbert Street, West Ryde in a number of ways including via e-mail or post, or by completing the online submission form below.
Written submissions must be clearly marked as ‘Mural Project - Ryedale Road and Herbert Street, West Ryde’.
All submissions must be received by Council by Sunday 20 November 2022.
Online Submissions are now closed.