Proposal to remove Loading Zone - Hillview Lane, Eastwood

Submissions closed on 05 February 2023, 11:59 PM


In April 2022, City of Ryde Council consulted on the proposal to remove the Loading Zone on the southern side of Hillview Lane between Coolgun Lane and West Parade, Eastwood. The proposal was tabled at the Council Meeting on 28 June 2022, where it was resolved that the matter to be deferred for further consultation.

In line with the Council resolution at its meeting on 28 June 2022, we are seeking further feedback on the proposal to remove the existing ‘Loading Zone’ in Hillview Lane at the rear of No.127 to 133 Rowe Street.

We have included a plan showing the location of the proposed change.

Why was the change initially considered?

Council had received feedback from the community that the exiting loading zone is encroaching onto the intersection of Coolgun Lane and Hillview Lane. When vehicles occupy the Loading Zone, the movement of vehicles on Coolgun Lane and Hillview Lane is obstructed, resulting in long delays and traffic congestion. The removal of the Loading Zone will play a vital role in improving the safety and efficiency of traffic flow along the laneway including movements to and from existing driveways along the laneway. 


You can Have Your Say on the Proposal to remove Loading Zone - Hillview Lane, Eastwood in a number of ways including via e-mail, post or by completing the submission form below.

Written Submissions

Written submissions must be clearly marked as ‘Proposal to remove Loading Zone - Hillview Lane, Eastwood’. All submissions must be received by Council by Sunday 5 February 2023.

Online Submissions

Online Submissions are now closed. 


Hillview Lane (Rear of No.127 to 133 Rowe Street), Eastwood 2122  View Map

Google Map

If you require more information about the Proposal to remove Loading Zone - Hillview Lane, Eastwood, please email, or if you are unable to make an online/written submission, please call our Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222.

If you require translating assistance, you may call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter to contact Council for you.