Main Content Anchor

Subsidised Private Tree Assistance Scheme Resolution

Consultation closed on 07 December 2020

In October 2020 Council resolved to a twelve (12) month trial for a Subsidised Private Tree Assistance Scheme. This would apply to the approved pruning and removal of trees on private property of up to 100% subsidy for the cost of tree pruning and removal subject to assessment where genuine hardship has been established.  

The proposed scheme would only be available to those residents that are able to demonstrate that they meet the eligibility criteria as outlined below Approval for financial hardship eligibility will be determined by the Director – City Works.  

$20,000 has been identified for the trial implementation and we are seeking community feedback on the proposed scheme. 

Submissions for the proposed Subsidised Private Tree Assistance Scheme are open until Monday 7 December 2020. 

Should any objections be received during the public exhibition period, a report will go back to Council to determine if this proposal will go ahead. If no objections are received, the trial scheme will commence in early 2021.

Who is Eligible? 

  1. You must be an eligible pensioner and/or
    - Holders of the PCC (Pensioner Concession Card);
    - Holders of a gold card embossed with 'TPI' (Totally Permanently Incapacitated);
    - Holders of a gold card embossed with 'EDA' (Extreme Disablement Adjustment);
    - War widow or widower or wholly dependent partner entitled to the Pensioner Concession Card*.
    *If you are a war widow or widower or wholly dependent partner but do not have a Pensioner Concession Card, you should contact the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) to test your eligibility for the DVA income support supplement.
  2. You can supply evidence of valid financial hardship if you or your partner
    - Lost your job, other than if you resigned or retired.
    - Suffered a loss of income or a business failure due to circumstances outside of your control, such as serious illness or injury.
    - Been adversely affected by a major disaster event
    - Had your home destroyed or severely damaged
    - Experiencing temporary financial hardship from death of a partner or child.
  3. You must be the owner of the dwelling for which a subsidy for tree pruning or removal is being sought.
  4. Evidence of eligibility will be required
Latest Updates

Have Your Say has now closed

Published on 8 December 2020

Have Your Say on the Subsidised Private Tree Assistance Scheme Resolution has now closed.

Have Your Say is now open

Published on 10 November 2020

Have Your Say on the Subsidised Private Tree Assistance Scheme Resolution is now open until Monday 7 December 2020.

Have Your Say

You can Have Your Say on the Subsidised Private Tree Assistance Scheme Resolution in a number of ways including completing the submission form below, via e-mail or post. 

Written submissions must be clearly marked as 'Subsidised Private Tree Assistance Scheme Resolution' and will be received up until Monday 7 December 2020. They can be sent to: 

Online Submission

Online submissions has now closed.

Personal information collected from you (including responses to forms and surveys) is held and used by Council under the provisions of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. The supply of information is voluntary, however if you cannot provide, or do not wish to provide the information sought, Council may be unable to process your application or request, or consider your submission. Please note that the exchange of information between the public and Council, may be accessed by others and could be made publicly available under the Government Information Public Access Act 2009 (GIPA Act). If you require further information please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222.

Council Resolution

Contact us

If you require more information about the Subsidised Private Tree Assistance Scheme Resolution please call Customer Service on 9952 8222 or email

Last updated on 8 December 2020