To ensure the health and safety of our community and limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), there have been changes to our service. Find out more.
A specialist support service for planning, building and development matters.
Council’s Building and Development Advisory Service (B+DAS) in conjunction with Customer Service and the City Planning and Environment Directorate provides front end planning, development and building information for residents and building professionals. The type of business the team is able to assist with includes:
- Planning and development enquiries
- Lodgement of Development Application (DA), Application for Modifications of Consent, Complying Development Certificates (CDC), Building Information Certificates, Subdivision Certificates and Construction Certificates
- Review of Development Application submitted via the NSW Planning Portal prior to lodgement
- Development Engineer Enquiries
- Payment of development fees
- Building certification and compliance
- Viewing of notification and exhibition material
- Formal pre-lodgement review services
- Ubran Design Review
Changes to our Service
In the interest of public health, City of Ryde has taken the difficult decision to suspend face to face appointments for our Building and Development Advisory Service to ensure the health and safety of our community and limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The following changes commenced from Monday 23 March 2020.
Our dedicated advisory service for planning and development matters will be available via phone only. Customers are encouraged to call our Customer Service Centre on 9952 8222 to speak to a dedicated Town Planner who is available from 9.00am - 1.00pm Monday to Friday to assist with your enquiry.
Council Development Engineers
Council Development Engineers are available for phone enquiries every Wednesday between 9.00am and 1.00pm.
Building Certification and Compliance Officers
Our Building Certification and Compliance Officers are available to discuss building certification and compliance matters via the phone every Thursday between 9.00am and 1.00pm.
Development Assessment and Building Certification
The lodgement of all applications for both Development Assessment and Building Certification can be done via the methods below.
- Drop documentation at Customer Service Centre located at 1 Pope Street, Ryde.
- From 1 July 2020, all Development Applications and Application for Modification of Consent must be lodged via the NSW Planning Portal.
Pre-lodgement and Urban Design Review Panel meetings
Our Pre-lodgement and Urban Design Review Panel meetings will also continue and be available via teleconference or MS Team only. Please contact our Building and Development Advisory Service team so as to arrange a booking and discuss meeting arrangements.
Council continues to closely monitor and follow the advice of state and federal authorities and will keep our community updated with further changes. For the most up to date information about changes to our services, visit our Service Updates page.