The NSW Government, in partnership with state agencies, is undertaking the construction of a new education and employment precinct in Meadowbank at the current TAFE site.
The Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct is designed to be a centre of excellence for education and lifelong learning, connecting students to training and employment opportunities.
In addition to the primary and secondary schools, it will feature a 10,000-square-metre Multi-Trades and Digital Technology Hub, with learning spaces, workshop areas and digitally-enabled spaces, and a basement car park.
About the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct
The construction of the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct will involve:
- The relocation of Meadowbank Public School to the site, with capacity for up to 1000 students
- The relocation of Marsden High School to the site, with capacity for up to 1500 students
- The construction of a revitalised Meadowbank TAFE, with a focus on technology
- The opening of the Wallamattagal learning centre
- The provision of open space for sports and recreation
- Capacity for 120 students to undertake intensive English classes.
||The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment will invite formal submissions on the State Significant Development Applications (SSDAs) for the new schools and TAFE NSW Meadowbank campus. The preliminary Masterplan will be exhibited concurrently with the SSDAs
||The final Masterplan will be published
||Construction of the Precinct
For more information about the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct, visit the NSW Government web page.