The NSW Government, in partnership with state agencies, is undertaking the construction of a new education and employment precinct in Meadowbank at the current TAFE site.
The Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct is designed to be a centre of excellence for education and lifelong learning, connecting students to training and employment opportunities.
In addition to the primary and secondary schools, it will feature a 10,000-square-metre Multi-Trades and Digital Technology Hub, with learning spaces, workshop areas and digitally-enabled spaces, and a basement car park.
About the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct
The construction of the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct will involve:
- The relocation of Meadowbank Public School to the site, with capacity for up to 1000 students
- The relocation of Marsden High School to the site, with capacity for up to 1500 students
- The construction of a revitalised Meadowbank TAFE, with a focus on technology
- The opening of the Wallamattagal learning centre
- The provision of open space for sports and recreation
- Capacity for 120 students to undertake intensive English classes.
|October - November 2019
||Schools and TAFE NSW State Significant Development (SSD) application public exhibition
||Preliminary Masterplan released
||Schools SSD approved
||Site establishment for schools
||Main works construction expected to commence
For more information about the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct, visit the NSW Government website.