The NSW Government, in partnership with state agencies, is undertaking the construction of a new education and employment precinct in Meadowbank at the current TAFE site.
The Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct is designed to be a centre of excellence for education and lifelong learning, connecting students to training and employment opportunities.
In addition to the primary and secondary schools, it will feature a 10,000-square-metre Multi-Trades and Digital Technology Hub, with learning spaces, workshop areas and digitally-enabled spaces, and a basement car park.
About the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct
The construction of the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct will involve:
- The relocation of Meadowbank Public School to the site, with capacity for up to 1000 students
- The relocation of Marsden High School to the site, with capacity for up to 1500 students
- The construction of a revitalised Meadowbank TAFE, with a focus on technology
- The opening of the Wallamattagal learning centre
- The provision of open space for sports and recreation
- Capacity for 120 students to undertake intensive English classes.
More information is available in the media release(PDF, 197KB) on the commencement of construction published on 30 June 2020 by the NSW Government and the Community update, edition 1, July 2020(PDF, 250KB).
|October - November 2019
||Schools and TAFE NSW State Significant Development (SSD) application public exhibition
||Preliminary Masterplan released
||Schools SSD approved
||Site establishment for schools
||Main works construction expected to commence
For more information about the Meadowbank Education and Employment Precinct, visit the NSW Government website.