Council in partnership with the Smith Family has installed over 30 Smarter Cleaner Greener charity clothing bins throughout the city.
- Good quality new or near-new clean, wearable clothes, accessories and bedding with no rips, stains or tears. Acceptable products include men's, women's and children's clothes and accessories such as shoes and handbags that you would wear again.
Did You Know
Items with original tags or little wear and tear sell at higher prices in their stores.
Do NOT Donate
- Broken or damaged items, or clothing with broken zippers or stains
- White goods, electrical items or mattresses
- Bulky items e.g. furniture or household items
- Food, consumables or perishable goods.
All donations must be placed inside the clothing bin. Do NOT leave items beside the bin. Dumped items get damaged and usually end up in landfill at cost to The Smith Family. Dumping of rubbish is illegal and fines may apply.
The clothing bins are services regularly by The Smith Family. You can report damage, or any other issues with the bins, by contacting The Smith Family on 1300 737 166.
Benefits from Smith Family donations
The Smith Family diverts more than 7.5 million kilograms of textile waste from landfill each year.
Proceeds from The Smith Family clothing donations provide disadvantaged Australian children and young Australians with education, literacy, numeracy, mentoring and life skills programs. By donating your clothes to The Smith Family you are helping to break the cycle of disadvantage via educational programs. For more information visit The Smith Family website.
The purchase of recycled clothing saves you money and reduces environmental impacts of new manufacturing. Save water, save energy and save landfill
List View - Map View
- Denistone Railway Station commuter car park, Gordon Crescent
- Brush Farm Park, netball courts car park, Lawson Street
- Eastwood Railway Station commuter car park, Eastern side near junction of Rowe Street and Railway Parade
- Eastwood Railway Station commuter car park, Western side on West Parade, opposite Eastwood Oval
- Glen Street car park, top level next to trolley bay
- Hillview Lane car park
- Council car park, corner of Linsley Street and Western Crescent, opposite Gladesville RSL
- John Miller car park, corner of Pittwater and Victoria Roads
- Monash Park car park, corner of Ryde and Westminster roads
- Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre car park, Margaret Street entrance
- Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre car park, Weaver Street entrance
- Dunbar Park car park, Sobraon Road
- Kotara Park, tennis courts car park, Abuklea Road
- Marsfield Park car park, Vimiera Road
- Trafalgar Place Shops car park, next to Waterloo Park
- Anderson Park car park, corner of Rothesay Avenue and Belmore Street
- Meadowbank Park car park, Constitution Road entrance
- Meadowbank Wharf commuter car park, end of Bowden Street
- ELS Hall Park sporting complex car park, Kent Road
- Santa Rosa Park car park, Quarry Road entrance, outside The Habitat
- Kissing Point Wharf commuter car park, Waterview Street
- Morrison Bay Park car park, Frances Road, near canteen
- Putney Shops car park, corner of Charles Street and Morrison Road
- Argyle Centre car park, Argyle Street
- Church Street car park, opposite Gowrie Street
- City of Ryde Civic Centre car park, corner of Parkes Street and Blaxland Road
- Carara Reserve, Goodwin Street
- West Ryde Railway Station commuter car park, Ryedale Road