Council in partnership with the Smith Family has installed over 30 Smarter Cleaner Greener charity clothing bins throughout the city.
- Good quality new or near-new clean, wearable clothes, accessories and bedding with no rips, stains or tears. Acceptable products include men's, women's and children's clothes and accessories such as shoes and handbags that you would wear again.
Did You Know
Items with original tags or little wear and tear sell at higher prices in their stores.
Do NOT Donate
- Broken or damaged items, or clothing with broken zippers or stains
- White goods, electrical items or mattresses
- Bulky items e.g. furniture or household items
- Food, consumables or perishable goods.
All donations must be placed inside the clothing bin. Do NOT leave items beside the bin. Dumped items get damaged and usually end up in landfill at cost to The Smith Family. Dumping of rubbish is illegal and fines may apply.
The clothing bins are services regularly by The Smith Family. You can report damage, or any other issues with the bins, by contacting The Smith Family on 1300 737 166.
Benefits from Smith Family donations
The Smith Family diverts more than 7.5 million kilograms of textile waste from landfill each year.
Proceeds from The Smith Family clothing donations provide disadvantaged Australian children and young Australians with education, literacy, numeracy, mentoring and life skills programs. By donating your clothes to The Smith Family you are helping to break the cycle of disadvantage via educational programs. For more information visit The Smith Family website.
The purchase of recycled clothing saves you money and reduces environmental impacts of new manufacturing. Save water, save energy and save landfill
List View - Map View
- Denistone Railway commuter car park
- Denistone Park, Terry Road
- Brush Farm Park, Netball Courts car park, Lawson Street
- Glen Street Car park, top Level next to trolley bay
- Top Floor - Glen St car park, Lakeside Road
- Eastwood Railway Station Car park – Eastern Side, near junction of Rowe Street and Railway Parade
- West Parade Commuter Car park - opposite Eastwood Oval
- Monash Park – Corner of Ryde and Westminster Road next to car park
- Coulter Street Car park – Coulter and Linsley Street, across from RSL
- Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre Car park – Margaret Street entrance
- John Wilson car park, near corner of Pittwater and Victoria Rd
- Trafalgar Rd Shops car park, next to Waterloo Park (2 bins)
- Marsfield Park car park, Vimiera Road
- Dunbar Park, Sobraon Road
- Kotara Park, Abuklea Road
- Meadowbank Park – Entry off Constitution Road West, opposite Federal Road
- Meadowbank Wharf in centre island opposite taxi stand
- Anderson Park, Rothesay Avenue
- Santa Rosa Park, Quarry Road
- ELS Hall Park sporting complex, Kent Road
- Charles Street Car park, Charles Street
- Kissing Point Wharf car park
- Morrison Bay main Park, across from Canteen, Frances Rd
- Church Street car park
- City of Ryde Civic Centre – Lower Car park
- Ryedale Road, commuter car park – on footpath
- Carara Reserve – Goodwin Street