How to dispose of your unwanted television or computer:
- Book for a free pickup through Council OR
- Drop your items off at the Community Recycling Centre at Artarmon
- Drop your items off at the Drop Zone, SUEZ Ryde Resource Recovery Centre at North Ryde.
Book a Free Pickup
- Call Council's Customer Service on 9952 8222.
Things to note:
- Pick-up services are offered on the same day as your regular bin collection.
- Bookings can be taken up to 2.30 pm the business day before your regular collection day and cannot be made more than a week in advance.
- A maximum of 9 items may be placed out per collection and a maximum of 3 of each item (e.g. 3 TVs, 3 computers etc).
- Items must be placed out the night before collection only.
- Limit of 5 collections per calendar year.
- Size limits apply - please check with Customer Service at the time of booking.
Drop your items off at the Community Recycling Centre, Artarmon
- Take your items to the Community Recycling Centre at 8 Waltham Road Artarmon.
- TVs and computers are accepted along with selected other household problem waste items. For more information and for the opening hours go to Community Recycling Centre.
Drop your items off at the Drop Zone, North Ryde
- Take your items to the Drop Zone, SUEZ Ryde Resource Recovery Centre, 145 Wicks Road, North Ryde.
Things to note:
- Service only available to residential properties.
- Residents can take up to 15 items, including televisions, computers, laptops, printers and scanners.
- Drop Zone hours:
- Monday to Friday: 7 am - 3 pm
- Saturday to Sunday: CLOSED
|TV remote controls
||Game consoles (Xbox/Playstation)
||Video recorders/DVD players
|Laptops, iPads and similar tablets
|Cables & IT accessories
||Household Appliances e.g. microwaves, fridges, vacuum cleaners
|Keyboards, computer mice, joysticks
||Products exposed to radiation & chemical hazards
|Printers, scanners & web cameras
||Digital set top boxes
|CRT TV's cracked, broke, out of casing
|Household Fax Machines