Compost Bins and Worm Farms
Council provides subsidised compost bins and worm farms for our residents to help minimise food waste and produce nutrient-rich fertiliser for your garden.
Dimensions: 58cm (Length) x 39cm (Width) x 66.5cm (Height)
Inclusions: Worm bedding, worm blanket and instructions
Worms turn your food leftovers into rich soil-like ‘castings’ which are great for feeding to house plants, adding to seedling mixes and potting soils or top-dressing around plants.
- suit almost any household
- can be placed anywhere inside or outside of your home where it is cool and well-shaded
- need to be drained and harvested regularly
For more information on setting up and managing your worm farm, join our free Compost Connection program or view our Worm Farming Guide.
- Compost bin $41.00
- Compost bin and accessories (blanket and aerator) $51.50
Dimensions: Capacity 220L; 77cm (Height) x 71cm (Diameter)
Inclusions: Compost blanket and compost turner
Composting converts organic matter like food waste into material that is rich in nutrients and makes an excellent fertiliser for your backyard or as a substitute for potting mix.
- Suits households with a yard or garden.
- Need to be stored in a well-drained and shady position.
- Need occasional turning to keep the compost aerated and healthy.
For more information on setting up and managing your compost bin, join our free Compost Connection program or view our Composting Guide.
Visit our Workshops, Talks & Tours page to learn more.
For more information, please contact Council’s Waste team on 9952 8222.