Council has installed over 30 Smarter Cleaner Greener clothing bins throughout the City of Ryde. These clothing bins are a convenient way to donate your preloved clothing and bedding for reuse and recycling.
Good quality clean clothing, accessories and bedding that can be donated include:
- Men's, women's and children's clothing
- Shoes (in pairs)
- Hats, scarves and belts
- Sheets, blankets and quilt covers.
Before you donate an item, ask yourself if it’s good enough to give to someone you know. If the answer is no, please do not put it into the clothing bin.
- Items that are broken, ripped or dirty
- Electrical items or whitegoods
- Hazardous items such as batteries or light globes
- Bulky household items including furniture or mattresses
- Food or other general waste items.
Please refer to our A to Z Guide of Waste and Recycling for a list of alternate recycling and disposal options.
All donations must be placed inside the clothing bin. Do not leave items next to the bin. Dumped items get damaged and usually end up in landfill at cost to our collection company. Dumping of rubbish is illegal and fines may apply.
The clothing bins are serviced regularly by our partners King Cotton Australia. You can report damage, or any other issues with the bins, by contacting King Cotton Australia on (02) 9584 9582.
List View - Map View
- Denistone Railway Station commuter car park, Gordon Crescent
- Brush Farm Park, netball courts car park, Lawson Street
- Eastwood Railway Station commuter car park, Eastern side near junction of Rowe Street and Railway Parade
- Eastwood Railway Station commuter car park, Western side on West Parade, opposite Eastwood Oval
- Glen Street car park, top level next to trolley bay
- Hillview Lane car park
- Council car park, corner of Linsley Street and Western Crescent, opposite Gladesville RSL
- John Miller car park, corner of Pittwater and Victoria Roads
- Monash Park car park, corner of Ryde and Westminster roads
- Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre car park, Margaret Street entrance
- Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre car park, Weaver Street entrance
- Dunbar Park car park, Sobraon Road
- Kotara Park, tennis courts car park, Abuklea Road
- Marsfield Park car park, Vimiera Road
- Trafalgar Place Shops car park, next to Waterloo Park
- Anderson Park car park, corner of Rothesay Avenue and Belmore Street
- Meadowbank Park car park, Constitution Road entrance
- Meadowbank Wharf commuter car park, end of Bowden Street
- ELS Hall Park sporting complex car park, Kent Road
- Santa Rosa Park car park, Quarry Road entrance, outside The Habitat
- Kissing Point Wharf commuter car park, Waterview Street
- Morrison Bay Park car park, Frances Road, near canteen
- Putney Shops car park, corner of Charles Street and Morrison Road
- Argyle Centre car park, Argyle Street
- Church Street car park, opposite Gowrie Street
- City of Ryde Civic Centre car park, corner of Parkes Street and Blaxland Road
- Carara Reserve, Goodwin Street
- West Ryde Railway Station commuter car park, Ryedale Road