To purchase a subsidised worm farm or compost bin please contact Council's Customer Service on 9952 8222. This offer is available to residents of the City of Ryde.
Worms turn your food leftovers into rich soil-like ‘castings’ which are great for feeding to house plants, adding to seedling mixes and potting soils or top-dressing around plants.
- can suit almost any household
- only take a small area
- can be placed anywhere inside or outside of your home where it is cool and well-shaded.
To find out more go to the Worm Farming Guide page.
Composting converts organic matter like food waste into material that is rich in nutrients and makes an excellent fertiliser for your backyard or as a substitute for potting mix.
- suits households with a yard or garden.
- need to be stored in a well-drained and shady position.
- need occasional turning of the compost is required as it keeps it aerated and healthy.
To find out more about composting go to the Composting Guide page.