To purchase a subsidised worm farm or compost bin please contact Council's Customer Service on 9952 8222.
This offer is available to residents of the City of Ryde.
Worms turn your food leftovers into rich soil-like ‘castings’ which are great for feeding to house plants, adding to seedling mixes and potting soils or top-dressing around plants.
- can suit almost any household
- only take a small area
- can be placed anywhere inside or outside of your home where it is cool and well-shaded.
For more information visit our Worm Farming Guide page or watch the following video tutorial.
Composting converts organic matter like food waste into material that is rich in nutrients and makes an excellent fertiliser for your backyard or as a substitute for potting mix.
- suits households with a yard or garden.
- need to be stored in a well-drained and shady position.
- need occasional turning of the compost is required as it keeps it aerated and healthy.
To find out more about composting go to the Composting Guide page or watch the following video tutorial.
Worm Farming Guide
Why not minimise food waste by turning your organic kitchen waste into nutrient-rich fertiliser for your plants and soils. You can learn how to set up your own worm farm using our 6-step guide, including helpful tips on how to keep your worm farm thriving.
View the Worm Farming Guide here.