Main Content Anchor
Community Book Club
The Community Book Club collection is a resource for local Book Clubs in our community. The collection consists of popular and classic book titles.
For Book Clubs hosted by City of Ryde Libraries, please visit our Booklovers page.
What is Included
Each set comes with:
- 10 copies of the book
- Discussion guides that include synopsis, author biography and questions
Some Book Club sets may also contain an Audio Book or Large Print version of the title.
To borrow from the Community Book Club collection, you need to:
- Nominate a coordinator for your Book Club.
- Have your coordinator visit one of our libraries and sign up for a Book Club membership.
There is an annual fee that applies to each Book Club group. Visit our Library Fees and Charges page for more information.
RESERVING BOOK CLUB SETS
- Book Club sets can be reserved by visiting or calling any City of Ryde Library branch, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We operate on first-in, first-served basis. Please have several titles in mind when contacting us, as your first choice may not be available.
- You can nominate to pick up your reserved Book Club set at any City of Ryde Library branch.
borrowing and returning book club sets
- Book Club sets can be borrowed for six weeks. You can only borrowed one Book Club set at a time.
- Book Club sets can only be collected and returned during library opening hours, and cannot be returned through the after-hours return chutes. Returned Book Club sets must be handed to front desk staff in a complete set (i.e. with all copies of the title and all additional guide materials)
- Renewals are not available for Book Club sets. However, your Book Club may request the same set again later.
Any lost or damaged items must be paid for on return. Visit our Library Fees and Charges page for more information.
Titles in the Collection
- Battle hymn of the tiger mother(PDF, 537KB) by Amy Chua
- Becoming(PDF, 213KB) by Michelle Obama
- Before I go to sleep(PDF, 282KB) by S. J. Watson
- Big little lies(PDF, 342KB) by Liane Moriarty
- The blazing world(PDF, 453KB) by Siri Hustvedt
- The book thief(PDF, 279KB) by Marcus Zusak
- The boy in the striped pyjamas(PDF, 287KB) by John Boyne
- Breath(PDF, 303KB) by Tim Winton
- Brideshead revisited(PDF, 272KB) by Evelyn Waugh
- The broken shore(PDF, 279KB) by Peter Temple
- Brooklyn(PDF, 166KB) by Colm Toibin
- Burial rites(PDF, 475KB) by Hannah Kent
- The lace reader(PDF, 206KB) by Brunonia Barry
- Ladies in black(PDF, 223KB) by Madeleine St. John
- The language of flowers(PDF, 281KB) by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Leaving time(PDF, 534KB) by Jodi Picoult
- The life and times of the Thunderbolt Kid(PDF, 333KB) by Bill Bryson
- The light between oceans(PDF, 420KB) by M. L. Stedman
- Lincoln in the bardo(PDF, 338KB) by George Saunders
- Little Bee(PDF, 531KB) by Chris Cleave
- The little coffee shop of Kabul(PDF, 302KB) by Deborah Rodriguez
- Lost & found(PDF, 194KB) by Brooke Davis
- The Luminaries(PDF, 399KB) by Eleanor Catton
- Sarah's key(PDF, 284KB) by Tatiana de Rosnay
- The second-last woman in England(PDF, 409KB) by Maggie Joel
- The secret keeper(PDF, 282KB) by Kate Morton
- The sense of an ending(PDF, 277KB) by Julian Barnes
- The signature of all things(PDF, 573KB) by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Stasiland(PDF, 293KB) by Anna Funder
- State of wonder(PDF, 126KB) by Ann Patchett
- The storied life of A.J. Fikry(PDF, 181KB) by Gabrielle Zevin
- The swan thieves(PDF, 504KB) by Elizabeth Kostova
- Sweet tooth(PDF, 283KB) by Ian McEwan
Last updated on 27 April 2022