The Community Book Club collection is a resource for Book Clubs meeting in the community.
The collection consists of almost 80 sets of popular and classic book titles; each set contains 10 copies of the title. Some sets also contain an audio book and large print version.
What is Included
Each set comes with:
- 10 copies of the book
- Discussion Guide; synopsis, author biography, questions.
Some Book Club sets may also contain an Audio Book or Large Print version of the title.
To borrow from the Community Book Club collection, you need to:
- nominate a coordinator for your group.
- Your coordinator can visit one of our libraries and sign up for a Book Club membership
- An annual fee per Book Club group applies (see ‘Library fees & charges’ for more information) giving you access to the entire collection.
- You can borrow a title for a maximum of six weeks.
- Reserve your titles by calling any of the City of Ryde libraries or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collect your reservation from library staff at your nominated library.
Titles in the Collection
A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M - N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z
- Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua(PDF, 537KB)
- Becoming by Michelle Obama(PDF, 213KB)
- Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson(PDF, 282KB)
- Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty(PDF, 342KB)
- The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt(PDF, 453KB)
- The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak(PDF, 279KB)
- The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne(PDF, 287KB)
- Breath by Tim Winton(PDF, 303KB)
- Brideshead Revisited by Evelyn Waugh(PDF, 272KB)
- Brooklyn by Colm Toibin(PDF, 166KB)
- The Broken Shore by Peter Temple(PDF, 279KB)
- Burial Rites by Hannah Kent(PDF, 475KB)
- Ladies in Black by Madeleine St. John(PDF, 223KB)
- The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry(PDF, 206KB)
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh(PDF, 281KB)
- Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult(PDF, 534KB)
- The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid by Bill Bryson(PDF, 333KB)
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman(PDF, 293KB)
- Little Bee (The Other Hand) by Chris Cleave(PDF, 531KB)
- Little Coffee Shop of Kabul by Deborah Rodriguez(PDF, 302KB)
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding(PDF, 549KB)
- Lost & Found by Brooke Davis(PDF, 194KB)
- The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton(PDF, 399KB)
- Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay(PDF, 284KB)
- The Second-Last Woman in England by Maggie Joel(PDF, 409KB)
- The Secret History by Donna Tart(PDF, 478KB)
- The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton(PDF, 282KB)
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes(PDF, 277KB)
- The Signature of All Things by Elizabeth Gilbert(PDF, 573KB)
- Stasiland by Anna Funder(PDF, 293KB)
- Still Alice: A Novel by Lisa Genova(PDF, 277KB)
- Storied life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin(PDF, 181KB)
- The Swan Thieves - Elizabeth Kostova(PDF, 504KB)
- Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan(PDF, 283KB)
- Talking to my Country by Stan Grant(PDF, 220KB)
- Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris(PDF, 162KB)
- The Tailor's Girl by Fiona McIntosh(PDF, 437KB)
- Tea gardens by Fiona McIntosh(PDF, 176KB)
- Tea with Arwa by Arwa El Masri(PDF, 287KB)
- That Woman : the life of Wallis Simpson, Duchess of Windsor by Anne Sebba(PDF, 283KB)
- The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield(PDF, 499KB)
- This House of grief by Helen Garner(PDF, 531KB)
- The Trial by Franz Kafka(PDF, 482KB)
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee(PDF, 116KB)
Find out more
For more information, download the Frequently Asked Questions Community Book Club collection(PDF, 687KB) .