Putney Park is a vibrant and family-friendly recreational area located on the foreshore of the Parramatta River. This beautiful park is an expanse of grass and natural areas.
Suitable for events, it's a great spot for large groups with barbeques, picnic facilities, and a large playground with water features. There is also a smaller playground at the southern end of the park with equipment suitable for young children.
There are also four gazebos available for hire at Putney Park.
Please note: that while the construction of the Putney Beach swim site is underway, certain areas may be temporarily closed for public safety. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time.
Features and Amenities
- Natural Beauty: Right on the waterfront of the Parramatta River, this beautiful park is an expanse of grass and regenerated natural bushland areas that make let you experience nature close to home.
- Picnic Facilities: The park provides ample picnic spots and shaded areas, allowing visitors to enjoy a leisurely lunch or relax with a book after a swim. There are four gazebos available for hire at Putney Park.
- Walking Tracks: Explore the surrounding natural beauty by taking a stroll or wander along the park's pathways.
- Waterfront Promenade: Enjoy a leisurely walk along the waterfront promenade, taking in the sights and sounds of Putney Park's vibrant atmosphere.
- And from Summer 2023/2024 a new Swimming Area: Putney Beach will offer a designated swimming area that meets water quality and safety standards providing a refreshing respite during the warmer months.
We are excited to announce the addition of the upcoming Putney Beach Swim Site – due to open Summer 2023/2024!
The development of the Putney Beach Swim Site will enhance the natural beauty of the area while providing a safe, enjoyable aquatic experience and an inviting public space for residents and visitors to enjoy a refreshing swim in a beautiful natural setting.
Putney Park has always been a great destination for families, nature enthusiasts, and sports lovers with it’s offering of multiple playgrounds including water play area, barbeques and picnic shelters and a riverside view. With the opening of the Putney Beach Swim Site, we are taking our commitment to providing exceptional recreational experiences to new heights and are building a new site for cooling down in the summer months.
Stay tuned for further updates as we approach the grand opening of the Putney Beach swim site in Summer 2023/2024. Join us in celebrating the expansion of Putney Park as a fantastic destination for outdoor recreation, relaxation, and swimming in Ryde.
Thanks to the collaborative efforts of the local community, Parramatta River Catchment Group and the New South Wales Government's Open Spaces Program, this swim site is soon to become a must-visit destination.
Pellisier Road, Putney 2112 View Map