Kissing Point Park Upgrades
- Project typeFacilities Upgrade
- Project StatusConstruction
- Completion Date01 September 2021
In early 2020, the City of Ryde asked for feedback on proposed upgrades in Kissing Point Park, Putney. Following the feedback received, Council developed a concept design for the upgrade of the boat ramp and amenities building and provided a community update with the design in late 2020.
Construction of the boat ramp is now complete with the amenities building works due to start in late November 2021 and finish later April 2022 (weather permitting).
The delivery of these park upgrades has been made possible through support from Transport for NSW via the NSW Boating Now Program.
Kissing Point Park Boat Ramp Upgrade (NOW COMPLETE)
The works include:
- Widening of the boat ramp to accommodate two cars with trailers for the launching and retrieval of boats
- New groyne to provide protection from waves and assist boat ramp users
- Car park layout improvements
- Additional seating and shelters
- New fish cleaning table (to be completed in December 2021)
- Boat washdown facilities (to be completed in December 2021)
Kissing Point Park Amenities Building Upgrade
The new amenities building will remain on the existing footprint of the current facility and will provide improved access and additional toilet amenities.
The works include demolishing the existing amenities building and construction of the new amenities building, which consists of male, female and accessible toilet facilities.
When will the works be completed?
Construction is underway and is planned for completion by June 2022, weather permitting.
Changed Conditions | Amenities Building Upgrade
Works will be undertaken Monday to Friday and some Saturdays between 7:00am and 6:00pm.
For the duration of the works, the amenities building will be closed and a fenced work site will be set up in the car park. Temporary toilets will be made available throughout the duration of the works.
87 Waterview St, Putney 2112 View Map