Lost Impounded and Unwanted Animals
Lost and Found Animals
Council maintains a lost and found Companion Animal register. In order to help identify your animal quickly, provide Council with:
- A full description of your pet
- Microchip number
You can report your lost animal by contacting Council's Customer Service on 9952 8222 or reporting it online.
Impounded animals (dogs, cats, and livestock) are taken to Blacktown Animal Holding Facility.
The Blacktown Animal Holding Facility maintains an online database allowing you to search by animal type, breed, sex, age, hair, and colour.
Residents who no longer want their cat or dog may have the animal removed by Council:
- Proof of ownership is required
- A surrender form must be completed at the time of removal
- There is no fee or charge for this service
- Animals must be microchipped and registered prior to them being surrendered to Council.
Please Note: Cats must be securely contained in a box or basket that provides adequate ventilation.