Community Recycling Centre
Collection of X-Ray films are currently not available at the Northern Sydney CRC, we apologise for this inconvenience and will provide an update to this service when available.
TEXTILE DROP OFF TRIAL AT THE CRC
The CRC will be accepting wearable textiles as part of a limited trial starting Monday 31 October 2022.
Customers will be able to drop off up to 20kg of textiles which are in good condition including clothing, shoes, manchester, accessories such as handbags, belts, scarves, and hats (per drop off). This trial is expected to end on 31 March 2023.
Jump to: What can you drop off? - Storing and Transporting your Wastes - Why use the CRC? - More Information
At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) you can drive through and drop off household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins. This is a free service.
The CRC is located at 8 Waltham Street, Artarmon (View Google Map)
Opening hours (no bookings required):
- Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8.00am - 2.00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8.00am - 4.00pm
What can you drop off?
You can drop off the following items for FREE:
- Paint (oil and water based) (max limit of 20 litres of paint in containers no larger than 20 litres each - eg. 2 x 10-litre cans OR 1 x 20-litre can OR 5 x 4-litre cans - per customer per drop off)
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes
- Electronic waste (eg. computers, TVs, electrical equipment and small electrical appliances); white goods are not accepted
- Household batteries
- Lead acid batteries (eg. car & motorbike batteries)
- Motor and other oils (including cooking oil) (max limit of 20 litres of oil in containers no larger than 20 litres each - eg. 2 x 10-litre cans OR 1 x 20-litre can OR 5 x 4-litre cans - per customer per drop off)
- Smoke detectors
- Mobile phones
- Printer cartridges (Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark, Roland, Samsung, Sharp and Toshiba brands only)
- X-ray films (max limit of 20kg per customer per drop off).
Only household quantities of the above materials will be accepted. This is equivalent to a maximum of 20 litres or 20 kilograms for each of the items listed above.
Household chemicals such as household cleaners, motor fuels, acids and alkalis, garden and hobby chemicals will not be accepted at the CRC. These items must be taken to a Household Chemical CleanOut event. To find your closest event, visit www.cleanout.com.au.
Storing and Transporting your Wastes
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
To help prevent delays please ensure your materials are free from excess packaging i.e. plastics wrap, bags, cardboard packaging and plastic covers.
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- keeping potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- helping improve recycling rates, and
- saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
City of Ryde, Hunters Hill, Lane Cove, North Sydney and Willoughby Councils are pleased to have joined together with assistance from the NSW EPA to reduce and manage Household Problem Waste by establishing our new Community Recycling Centre (CRC).
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy. Visit www.epa.nsw.gov.au/recyclingcentres for more information.
Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre
Got unwanted paint? Take it to the Community Recycling Centre