As a precautionary measure for community safety, our Toy Library is temporarily closed. For the most up to date information about our Library Services, please visit our Service Updates page.
Toys are fantastic tools that are engage the senses and stimulate the brain. They are great for children, as well as people with cognitive impairment. Visit our North Ryde Library and borrow from a variety of interactive toys.
201 Coxs Road, North Ryde 2113
Phone: 9952 8377
Tuesday: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday: 12.00pm - 8.00pm
Friday: 12.00pm - 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 12.00pm
Who can borrow?
The toys in our collection are selected for the developmental ages of 0-7 years, and some of which are also suitable for people with cognitive impairment or disability.
Toys are carefully chosen to stand up to a lot of use by young children. Care is also taken to ensure that toys are clean, complete and in good working order. Recommended Standards Association of Australia standards apply to them.
When using the Toy Library, borrowers are responsible for the following:
- Selecting toys they consider suitable for the child
- Supervising their child's play of the toy. (Ryde Library Services is not responsible for any injury or damage arising from the use of a toy).
- Return of toys in good working condition i.e. clean, complete, undamaged, with the toy bags and tags attached.
- To borrow toys requires a Ryde Library membership card
- Three toys per card may be borrowed for up to three weeks.
- No reservations may be placed on toys.
- 1 renewal for loans of toys.
- Toys may only be borrowed from and returned to North Ryde Library during branch library opening hours.
- Puzzles need to be handed to staff completed (not with pieces loose). When you return a toy, you must wait for staff to check that it is in good condition before another can be borrowed.
- Borrowing cannot continue until payment is made for any loss or damage.
For the convenience of other members, and to avoid fines, please return toys by the date due shown on the issue receipt. If you do not have a receipt:
Please Note: A returned toy will not be accepted if any pieces are missing from it, unless payment is made for loss and damage. If you lose a toy piece and the toy is still suitable for loan you are required to pay a (non-refundable) charge per piece. If a toy is not suitable for loan, is lost or is damaged you are required to pay the full replacement charge plus the standard processing charge. If you lose the toy bag or tag you are required to pay a replacement charge for the bag or tag.
A full list of charges for lost and damaged toys can be found on the Library Fees and Charges page.