Toys are fantastic tools for engaging the senses and stimulate the brain, and are great for young children as well as people of any age or ability.
Visit our Toy Library located at North Ryde Library for a great variety of interactive toys and puzzles.
North Ryde Library
201 Coxs Road, North Ryde 2113
Phone: 9952 8377
Monday: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 9:30am - 8:00pm
Thursday: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Friday: 9:30am - 5.00pm
Saturday: 9.30am - 2.00pm
Who can borrow?
Toys in our collection are selected for those of developmental ages between 0 - 7 years, but most can be used by borrowers of all ages and abilities.
Care is taken to ensure that toys are complete and in good working order, with toys carefully chosen to being able to stand up to much use by young children. Recommended Standards published by Standards Australia apply.
When using the Toy Library, borrowers are responsible for:
- Selecting the right toys that they consider suitable for the user.
- Supervising the use of the toys. Ryde Library Services is not responsible for any injury or damage that may arise from the use of any toys.
- Returning toys in good working condition (i.e. clean, complete, and undamaged, with the toy bags and tags attached).
A Ryde Library Services membership card is required to borrow toys, with the following guidelines:
- A maximum of 3 toys can be borrowed per library card for 3 weeks each, with 1 renewal available for extension.
- No reservations may be placed on toys – they are first come, first served.
- Toys can only be borrowed from and returned to North Ryde Library during branch opening hours.
- When toys are returned they must be taken to the front desk where staff will check that the pieces are complete and in good condition before it is returned.
- Overdue fines will apply to any Toys that are returned after the due date.
A returned toy will not be accepted if it is incomplete and/or damaged, unless payment is made for loss and/or damage:
- If you lose a toy piece and the toy is still suitable for loan you are required to pay a non-refundable fee per piece.
- If a toy is no longer suitable for loan, or is lost or damaged, you are required to pay the full replacement fee plus the standard processing fee.
- If you lose the toy bag or tag you are required to pay a replacement charge for the bag or tag.
A full list of charges for lost and damaged toys can be found on the Library Fees and Charges page.