Queen Victoria Jubilee Fountain
Corner Blaxland Road and Victoria Road, Ryde
Designed by Arthur Collingridge, this was unveiled October 1897 to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the reign of Queen Victoria. Restoration work was carried out in 1973 by the Rotary Club of Ryde.
Original location: intersection of Church Street and Victoria Road, Ryde
Doctors Blaxland and Manning Memorial Fountain
Grounds of former Gladesville Hospital, along Victoria Road frontage
Unveiled November 1904 to the memory of Dr Frederic Norton Manning and Dr Herbert Blaxland, Former medical superintendents of Gladesville Hospital.
Original location: intersection of Victoria Road and Pittwater Road, Gladesville
Ryde Tramway Monument Ryde
Civic Centre, 1 Devlin Street, Ryde
Unveiled December, 1908 to commemorate the first ‘turning of the sod’ for the extension of the tramway from Drummoyne to Ryde.
Original location: intersection of Church Street and Blaxland Road, Ryde
Third Avenue and East Parade, Eastwood
Unveiled May 1962 to honour the memory of William Speer Coulter (known as Speer), Robert Charles Given Coulter (known as Charles) and Katherine Mary Coulter, long term residents of East Parade, Eastwood.
Erected by Miss Jean Ross, Charles Coulter’s niece, ‘as a gesture to the community - to assist residents giving them a place to rest in the steep climb up this section of East Parade’.
Meadowbank Manufacturing Works Memorial Fountain
Corner Angas Street and See Street, Meadowbank
Unveiled July 1910 to honour the memory of Granville White, Manager of Works at Meadowbank Manufacturing Company, who died suddenly 1 January, 1910.
Restoration work was carried out in 1988 by students from Meadowbank TAFE.
Sheridan Memorial Clock
Intersection Meriton Street, Wharf Road and Victoria Road, Gladesville
Constructed in 1941 as a traffic separation device but dedicated to Ryde Alderman James York Sheridan, who died on 24 October 1941. Described as ‘beloved’ by members of the Council and ‘generally by all classes throughout the Municipality for his kindly manner and his high ideal of citizenship’.
Dress Circle Estate Monument
Heatly Reserve, Sager Place, East Ryde
Unveiled October 1960 to commemorate the development of the Dress Circle Estate by Hooker-Rex Pty Limited: the development of 500 home sites and the construction of 250 homes in co-operation with Ryde Municipal Council.
The site of the Ryde School of Arts
Corner Devlin Street and Blaxland Road, Ryde
Completed October 2010. This seat was constructed from a stone wall associated with the former Ryde School of Arts which was built in 1905 and demolished in 1965 for the widening of Victoria Road.
Sutton Memorial Tramway Monument
Monash Park, Gladesville
Unveiled June 1910 to commemorate the extension of the tramway to Ryde and to honour the memory of Joseph Sutton, son of Alderman Rowland Thomas Sutton and his wife Mary.
Original location: intersection of Wharf Road, Meriton Street and Victoria Road, Gladesville