Understand the Development Application Process
The information sheets and guides below have been created to assist residents and other people looking at building or developing with the City of Ryde.
They assist in the interpretation of the Ryde Development Control Plan (DCP) 2014 and help with understanding the development application process and other development type enquiries.
They must be read jointly with the DCP 2014. In the event of any inconsistency between the information sheets, guides and the DCP 2014 or applicable planning legislation, the DCP 2014 and applicable planning legislation will prevail.
For assistance with development application matters please contact the Building and Development Advisory Service Team on 9952 8222.
- Addressing of New Developments(PDF, 213KB)
- Demolition(PDF, 150KB)
- DA Process(PDF, 156KB)
- Development from a Neighbour's Point of View(PDF, 163KB)
- Dual Occupancy(PDF, 145KB)
- Dwelling Houses(PDF, 180KB)
- Estimating Costs(PDF, 134KB)
- Express DA Process(PDF, 894KB)
- Development of Heritage Items and Conservation Areas(PDF, 191KB)
- Heritage Conservation in Ryde(PDF, 399KB)
- Joint Regional Planning Panels (JRPP)
- Landscaping(PDF, 175KB)
- Multi-Dwelling Housing(PDF, 179KB)
- Major DA Process(PDF, 141KB)
- Prelodgement and Urban Design Review Panel(PDF, 122KB)
- Rainwater Tanks and Solar Panels(PDF, 150KB)
- Removal of Trees on Heritage Properties(PDF, 176KB)
- Principal Certifying Authority(PDF, 220KB)