Main Content Anchor
Title Encumbrances and Land Dealings
Schedule 1 Title Encumbrances Technical Material
Schedule 1 Title Encumbrances Technical Material is currently under review by Council. Please use the Draft Standard Terms and Information on this page for Positive Covenants and Restriction as to the Use of Land documents. Please contact Council’s Building and Development Advisory Service on 9952 8222 if you need more information.
Development in the City of Ryde often includes engineering measures which require ongoing maintenance of stormwater drainage systems and flood protection measures to ensure they are preserved and function as approved. Examples of these systems are:
- Onsite detention systems
- Alternative drainage systems (e.g. pump drainage systems/ charged drainage systems),
- Alterations to landform, retaining walls and dwelling floor levels which are designed and intended to protect the development and occupants from major overland flows/ flooding, as well as prevent impact neighbouring properties.
To ensure the maintenance of these systems and restrictions, Council requires the owner to register an 88E, an 88B or a Restriction on the title of the property.
- Positive Covenant - Absorption-Dispersal(PDF, 105KB)
- Positive Covenant - Access to Easement(PDF, 144KB)
- Positive Covenant - Charged(PDF, 138KB)
- Positive Covenant - OSD + Absorption-Dispersal(PDF, 105KB)
- Positive Covenant - OSD + Access to Easement(PDF, 130KB)
- Positive Covenant - OSD + Awning Over Council Pipe(PDF, 129KB)
- Positive Covenant - OSD + Charged + Absorption-Dispersal(PDF, 106KB)
- Positive Covenant - OSD + Charged(PDF, 105KB)
- Positive Covenant - OSD(PDF, 105KB)
- Positive Covenant - Pumped(PDF, 194KB)
- Positive Covenant - Rainwater Tank System(PDF, 105KB)
- Positive Covenant - Stormwater Reuse System(PDF, 157KB)
- Positive Covenant - Watertank(PDF, 104KB)
- Restriction as to use of land - Floodway & Undercroft(PDF, 148KB)
- Restriction as to use of land - Overland Flow(PDF, 127KB)
- Restriction as to use of land - Site Cover(PDF, 116KB)
Examples of Technical supporting material
Instructions for forms above:
LRS interactive forms - Type in the required information and print out.
LRS manual forms - Print out and fill in the required information using a black pen and capital letters.
Certificate of Title (CT) enquiry – if you have a mortgage, the bank will hold the certificate of title. If you don’t have a mortgage, make a CT enquiry to find out who holds the title. This service is free. Visit the Certificate of Title Enquiry page of the Land & Property Information website to find out who holds the title on a property. The “Title Reference” is the Torrens title of your property. i.e. the lot number and the deposited plan number e.g. 2/564257.
For more information Contact Us or NSW Land and Property below.
NSW LAND AND PROPERTY (LPI)
1 Prince Albert Road
Sydney NSW 2000
GPO Box 15
Sydney NSW 2001
T: 1300 052 637 - Cost of local call Australia wide
T: 61 2 9228 6666 - International
Last updated on 6 May 2019