The City of Ryde is seeking feedback on a proposal for road renewal works along West Parade between Miriam Road and Reserve Street to address erosion issues, improve the safety of the road and formalise the parallel parking. These works are identified in Council’s 2020/21 Delivery Program.
What are the proposed works?
The proposed works to be undertaken as part of this project include:
- Formalising the parallel parking along the northern side by construction of kerb and gutter
- Reconstruction of the existing kerb and gutter along the southern side of the road
- Construction of asphalt kerb along the existing trees to protect the root system
- Reconstruction of stormwater drainage pits to suit new kerb alignment as required
- Reconstructing of affected driveways to suit new kerb alignment as required
- Road resurfacing and line marking as shown on the enclosed map
Why is the change being considered?
The works are proposed to improve street drainage and the alignment of the road. Construction of kerb and gutter will prevent erosion, improve manoeuvrability and safety for all road users.
View the Draft Concept Plans
HAVE YOUR SAY
You can Have Your Say on the West Parade Upgrade Between Miriam Road and Reserve Street in a number of ways including completing the submission form below, via e-mail or post.
Written submissions must be clearly marked as 'West Parade Upgrade Between Miriam Road and Reserve Street'. All submissions must be received by Wednesday 24 March 2021.
Online submissions have now closed.