Event Planning Guide
Council Approvals and Application Forms
So, you want to run an event in the City of Ryde - that’s great!
All events on public land will need to be approved by Council, and depending on the type of event, it will be processed by different teams at Council. Before you start your application, it is important to ensure you have the correct application form first.
- Is your event a street festival, to be held on a closed public road? You will need to complete a Plazas and Roads Event Application Form(PDF, 246KB). Council staff will need to follow up on important information related to traffic control, so please submit this form six months prior to your expected event date.
- Is your event a small-scale street party? You will need to complete a Street Party Application Form(PDF, 129KB). This form is only appropriate for small, relatively informal gatherings on quiet streets, with low impact on the area.
- If you want to run a small activation on public land to promote your local business or community group, you can read about our Casual Footpath Activity Permits.
- The Parks team have a selection of forms specific to sportsground use, such as Casual Hire or Sports Carnival Hire.
- Does your event require the use of a council Hall or venue? To view current venues and to complete a booking enquiry form please visit or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Ryde Event Planning Guide provides information that will help you plan and hold an event within the City of Ryde.
Whether you are holding a large outdoor festival for the whole community or a smaller indoor activity for a specific audience, there are some basic steps that will help ensure your event is a success.
The guide covers:
- What to consider before you begin planning an event
- Things you need to address when planning your event
- Checklists and other sample documentation
- Information on approvals, permits, public liability insurance and other requirements
- Ensuring your event is accessibility friendly
- How to evaluate and measure the success of the event (coming soon)
Remember, an event organiser needs to be aware of any current and applicable statutes, regulations, by-laws, approved and associated codes of practice relating to the event or its individual elements and to take appropriate action. This guide is intended to direct you towards the various sources of assistance and contacts, however it remains the Event Organiser's responsibility to seek additional information where required and to ensure that all approvals have been obtained.
For more information or assistance on organising a community event in the City of Ryde, contact Council's Event Team on 9952 8222.